I Know What You Need

Sometimes frustration can pull you in so many different directions. You can find yourself looking for comfort in so many things and some days the usual just doesn’t do it. There are times I find myself so restless, annoyed and nothing does it for me. Watching one of my favorite YouTubers, a movie, reading a book, or just talking to friends. I just jump from activity to activity and nothing can ease my mood or frustration.

As a Christian, this may sound cliché to some, but whether we want to admit it or not, you need God. You need quiet and uninterrupted time in His presence. The crazy part is it’s such a struggle getting there!! Sometimes watching our favorite shows, spending, time on social media, or even spending time with our loved ones is what we resort to. All the while in that frustration, emptiness, and sadness, Jesus is tugging at your heart saying “I have what you need.” Now I’m speaking from experience and granted some of us are better at this than others. I have to confess that countless times I‘ve had a bad day or sadness or some weird feeling of emptiness just creeps up on me and I’m just feeling uncomfortable for no reason. I get annoyed and I start feeling a pull from the Holy Spirit but I start thinking about a movie maybe that will take the edge off. Maybe just Maybe Watching a few episodes of my favorite show might help and then I’ll pray and head to bed. This does not happen to me every time because sometimes I’m smarter and more alert and don’t think twice about running into my daddy’s arms. I pray till God soothes me to sleep but other times Y'all, I don’t know what’s wrong with me! God is like come here I can fix it! I know exactly what’s wrong! Red flags going off and I’m thinking that I’m just stressed Dad I need to relax. (I’ll be talking to Him while ignoring His pull to pray lol I hope I’m not alone in this. This is a bad habit I have of procrastinating prayer as if that very moment I couldn't just pray.) Now it’s true that God loves! to spend time with us. He loves it and for us sometimes it feels like a task.

If we are honest with ourselves even though God desires to spend time with you in prayer, who benefits the most?! I know, you!!! I also realize after that when I finally submit and get into prayer, I don’t want to leave. Those times are some of my most intimate times with God.  Those days you just need a cuddle time with God.  Start with some worship music and just be silent in His presence. I love worship music but for those types of days, I just play piano worship in the background and grab my prayer journal. If you are in a crowded place at home (for example teenagers who don’t have their own rooms) plug in your headphones. Pour out your heart to Him, and speak to him. Don’t be religious about it start, out speaking to Him. Worship Him and depending on the type of day you’ve had, the worship music should help. Focus on Him and just talk to your dad. The ultimate comfort is in knowing that He’s there with you and listening and also willing to speak if you allow Him to speak to your heart.  You also won’t be the only one that benefits from that restoration session but everyone else who is around you. It's like a weight is lifted.  You realize that you’ve been running away from the Tylenol that could take your headache away. To be honest and transparent, and because I’m not clearheaded every day, I wrote this for me to remind myself of those days of exactly what I need.

So I hope this helps you in some type of way. I pray your frustration don’t keep you away from God but draw you nearer. Don’t be ashamed if you don’t desire to run to God but be honest with Him about how you feel and ask him to meet you where you are.

Scriptures to meditate on:
1 Peter 5:7 (NIV) Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
Proverbs 14:10  (NIV) Each heart knows its own bitterness, and no one else can share its joy.
Matthew 11:28  (NIV) “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Lamentations 3:22-23 (NIV) The Lord's loving kindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.

Let’s pray:
Father help us to submit to your pull when we are frustrated, irritated, annoyed or just feeling empty or sad for whatever reason. Whisper to our hearts and remind us that you are what we need.  Help us to understand that you are bigger than whatever happened that day or whatever is attacking our spirit that we don’t understand. Help us to trust that your Holy Spirit knows the exact dose and exactly what we need and can lead us there in prayer. Dad everyone’s experience is different and our relationships with you are different but we understand that we all need you. It is not always easy for us to submit to your silent tugs on our hearts, but help us be obedient.  May your love echo louder in our hearts than any condemnation or lies satan might whisper.  In Jesus’ name, I pray Amen!!


I love you and God loves you more J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek Him First