Daughter, I will Provide

When I rededicated my life to Christ a few years ago, I was faced with a lot of hard decisions. I was learning to trust again and my faith in God was being challenged. I wanted to trust God as He was transitioning me out of my old lifestyle, but it was hard. My old friends didn’t make it any easier. They fed my fears and agreed with my confusion because they couldn’t see beyond where I was. They didn’t believe and didn’t have faith. I learned that it is important when we go through these transitions in our walk with Christ, that we have godly accountability; people that will echo God’s truth into our lives. We have to be connected to a home church and surround ourselves with kingdom-minded believers. It builds our faith and helps us see beyond where we are at that time.

 

One of the biggest challenges that I faced, was letting go of old mindsets and beliefs. I was in a situation where my income was not enough, or so I thought, for me to get a place on my own. I struggled with this so much because I was accustomed to living with my ex-boyfriend, who would cover half of the bills. When God began to show me that I could no longer cohabitate with my ex, fear gripped me.  I was afraid because I didn’t see how I could. I was afraid of change and of the new. My mind was flooded with all the reasons why this wouldn’t work. I had no family near me. I remember crying because I knew it was God telling me to get my own place; that it was time. One day while in my car, I asked God crying, “If I leave him, how will I pay for a place to live?” As soon as the words left my mouth, I felt so convicted.  God spoke to my spirit and showed me that I was comparing Him to a human being. God challenged my belief that a man could provide for me better than Him. I cried and repented but the truth of God brought the fresh revelation that exposed the lie of the enemy. I didn’t know what was to come but I chose to submit to God.

 

With God’s strength and support from amazing people that God had placed in my life. I begin to stand on the truth. God was revealing himself to me not just as my provider, and father but also as my God. Who can better provide for me other than God? I knew that there were going to be directions and instructions that I was going to have to obey and follow to walk this out, but not alone. God needed me to see this and to align myself with the truth. My yes to God that day changed my entire life. My faith was strengthened and it helped me to say yes to God and His plans for me. Many other tough decisions followed and I learned that obedience is always better than sacrifice. Surrendering to God’s will and obeying allowed Him to change me and move in my life like never before.

 

I don’t know what situation you may be facing but I want to encourage you to trust God. I want to tell you that He has great plans for your life and that your future is sure.  Don’t let fear cause you to make decisions that you might regret. Trust God and trust that He is who He says He is. I know that many are struggling financially in this time and might be tempted to take matters into their own hands. God is a provider and a good father. No matter what it looks like trust Him. Seek Him for direction and wisdom. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Wait on His direction. The word says, “Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take (NLT)”. I think we all can testify that it’s better when God guides us. Listen to the voice of truth. Listen to the Holy Spirit. Believe God and stand on His word. He will never fail you. Sometimes we may think that God needs our help and we get involved in situations that do not honor Him. Don’t settle, don’t compromise, believe God. You mean so much to Him. God will not and cannot drop the ball. Trust him because He holds His part of the bargain. When we submit, surrender, obey, and begin to align with His word, His kingdom comes and His will is done in our lives. Don’t be afraid. There’s better on the other side of your obedience. I am proof. Be encouraged and choose Christ.

 

Let’s Pray:

Lord, thank you that You are a good father.  Thank You, that You care for us in ways that we can’t even understand. Thank you, that You confront every lie of the enemy that is keeping us bound with Your truth. Please turn our hearts towards You and give us the desire to do the things that please You. Remind us that we are your daughters and that we belong to You. Help us to obey and give us the strength to stand firm in the faith. Help us to not compromise. Holy Spirit, bring healing and fresh revelation to every confused and broken heart. Help us to submit, surrender, and to align with Your word. Fill us with wisdom father so we can make the right decisions. In Jesus' name Amen!

 

I love you and pray God’s blessing over you. Be encouraged.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek Him First